1. Data Collection and Storage
At CloudCatch, your privacy is very important to us.
We do not collect or store any of your Instagram Platform Data as described in the Meta Platform Terms. On your website site, only the data you request for us to store is stored (encrypted), and it is stored only for the time period you select for it to be stored for (once this time period passes, it will be automatically deleted). You can permanently, and instantly delete all Platform Data at any time via the “Delete All Platform Data” button in the settings panel. We do not collect any data from the visitors to your website or send any Platform Data to us or any third party at any time.
2. Types of Data Processed
When you use our plugin to connect to Instagram, the following data is returned from their platform and processed by the plugin:
- The username and user ID for your Instagram account.
- An access token for your Instagram account.
- Information posted to the Instagram profile which you choose to connect in the plugin, by you or others, such as posts, photos, videos, comments, and other similar content.
3. Purpose of Processed Data
The purpose of processing the data listed above in section 2 is as follows:
- An access token for your account is used to connect to the Instagram
- API to retrieve content for the page or profile that you have connected. The access token is granted the permissions that you choose to allow when authenticating the app.
- Information from your Instagram profile is used to display your feed and allow the plugin to function as intended.
4. Permission Model: Grant of Least Access
The plugin is built to be “read only” and so is not able to publish any data to, or edit any data on the Instagram platform. The plugin can only display your Instagram content and is not able to publish to Instagram or access your Instagram account in any way other than as “read only”. It does not allow you to like or comment on content, edit or delete photos, or perform any of the other actions that the Instagram platform allows.
5. Removal of Platform Data
You can permanently, and instantly delete all Platform Data at any time via the “Delete All Platform Data” button in the settings panel and through additional methods including uninstalling the plugin at any time.
6. Third Party APIs
Our products utilize, and are enabled by, various third party APIs such as those from Facebook and Instagram. Any data retrieved using these APIs is strictly restricted to the site on which our products are installed. This data is stored in the database that is used by the site where the product is installed.
The Facebook and Instagram APIs, which are used by our products, may collect usage data. You can visit the Data Policy pages from the individual API vendors for more information about how these APIs may collect or use your data:
Cookies are used to handle the connection between your browser and your Instagram/Facebook account when authorizing your account. The cookies are stored locally on your computer. The plugin does not store cookies on your visitors computers.
8. Changes to this Policy
Effective: 18th April 2022